Driver's license Type And Classes
In Quebec, there is many types of driver’s license :
Learner’s License • Probationary License • Restricted License • Driver’s License categorised by classes
Emitter : Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec ( SAAQ )
To drive a vehicle you need to have one of these licenses
To gain skills to drive a car, motorcycle or heavy load vehicle. When he drives, a Learner’s License possessor must be with a person who has had a valid Driver’s License for at least 2 years.
First license given to 25-year-old and less after they succeed to pass SAAQ practical exam. After a period of 24 months or when the person turns 25 year-old, he can apply to have a regular driver’s license.
FIRST DRIVER’S LICENSE
Given to 25 year-old and up after a succeeded practical exam. It is plastified and has photo of the driver.
There is two types of license:
- A restricted license given out by Quebec Court of Law Judge to a driver whose license has been cancelled or suspended.
- A restricted license given out to drivers found guilty of impaired driving.
In both cases, we can help you to get one.
- Heavy Vehicle Combination (class 1)
- Bus (class 2)
- Straight Truck (class 3)
- Emergency Vehicle (class 4A)
- Small Bus or Minibus (class 4B)
- Taxicab (class 4C)
- Passenger Vehicle (class 5)
- All Motorcycles (class 6A)
- Cylinder Size of 400 cc or less (class 6B)
- Cylinder Size of 125 cc or less (class 6C)
- Moped or Motorized Scooter (class 6D)
- Farm Tractor (class 8)
Sources: Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec ( SAAQ )