Excessive Speeding Ticket
In Quebec, there is two types of speeding ticket:
- Regular speeding tickets
- Excessive speeding tickets (
Information on Excessive Speeding Ticket in Quebec
You are commiting an excessive speeding offence if you exceed the speed limit:
- by 40 km/h or more in a zone less than 60 km/h;
- by 50 km/h or more in a zone of 60 km/h to 90 km/h;
- by 60 km/h or more in a zone of 100 km/h.
Compared to prior offences:
- Demerit points are doubled;
- The fine is doubled or tripled according to the number of excessive speeding offences you have in your driving record.
For example, if you are caught going 145 km/h in a 90 km/h zone, and found guilty, you will receive a fine of 710$ and will get 10 demerit points.
Immediate removal of the driver's licence for excessive speeding
Under new section of the Highwar Safety Code that came into effect on December 7th 2008, the licence of a driver who is pulled over by a law enforcement officer for excessive speeding could be suspended right away !
A licence is supended for 7 days the first time you are pulled over for excessive speeding.
Note: you cannot file in an application for review of a 7-say licence suspension.
Your licence is suspended for 30 days when a law enforcement officer pulls you over for excessive speeding and you have had a prior conviction for excessive speeding within the last 10 years.
Your licence is suspended for 60 days when a law enforcement officer pulls you over for excessive speeding in a location where the speed limit is 60 km/h or less and, within the last 10 years, you have had at least two previous excessive speeding convictions in a location where the speed limit is 60 km/h or less.
The Bad Effects Of An Excessive Speed Ticket
- Furthermore, this offence will remain in your driving record fo 10 YEARS. This means that if the you are caught again for excessive speed during these 10 years, you will face even more harsh sanctions.
- Insurance Cost Increase during all the period.
Benefits To Contest With Solution Ticket
In all cases, we will help prepare your defense and will come up with the best strategy to maximise your chance of winning your contestation, lose the minimum demerit points and save your driver’s licence.
OUR PRIORITY IS YOU KEEP YOUR PROBATIONARY OR REGULAR DRIVER’S LICENCE!
Contest Your Ticket Now !
Don’t wait : time is your ally.
The sooner a ticket is fought the better your chance.
Before paying your speeding ticket, contact-us for any questions.